We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Yucatan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Yucatan

Hi

We are due to travel to the Riu Yucatan next Wednesday 27th July our travel agents have said that they have not heard of any damage to the hotel/beach or area...can anyone confirm this for me as we are feel that now they have our money they do not really care what they are sending us to!!

Clarkston, Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Yucatan

I too am looking for info on the Riu Yucatan. My husband and I will be there too on July 27 -July 30. We should have a beer together if the hotel is up and running. I used to live in Southampton in the 1980's. Take care and hope to see you in a week enjoying the sun!

Bham Uk
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Yucatan

Hi we are also flying from UK on 27th.Looked everywhere for update as to the state of the resort and hotel but very conflicting reportsHave tried First Choice and they will have a final decision on wether we can go tomorrow at 12 noon(although they did promise me an update today!!)

Will post of I know/hear anything

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Yucatan

We contacted the hotel and they confirm that the hotel will be 100% up and running next week. It is mainly the gardens that have been affected.

Hope this helps

Clarkston, Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Yucatan

Thanks for doing the "leg work" and actually calling the hotel. I am getting really excited now and looking forward to some R&R next week. I will be sure to bring some extra cash for tips b/c I am sure the local could all use some extra for their own clean up efforts.

Have a great day!