We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Gringo Dave's Open??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Topic
Is Gringo Dave's Open??

I've read in recent posts that Gringo Dave's was closed. Does any one know if it has re-opened? I was really looking forward to spending and evening there. We had a great time there on our last trip. They had a great Celtic band and an awesome fire dancer. Not to mention the really big Margaritas!

Illinois
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

We are leaving on Friday to spend 10 glorious days at ASP and are also looking forward to visiting Gringo Daves. Since we had read the posts on TA about them being closed we decided to do a little research and were able to find a phone number for Gringo Daves. We called yesterday and the young lady answering said that they are currently closed but that "they are planning on being opened back up in about a week and a half, or so". She was very evasive about anything beyond that. No definate date and she couldnt answer any questions about daily specials or hours of operation.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

Hmmm, doesn't sound good. Guess it will be a wait and see. You get to leave a whole 8 days before us!

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

When we were there in March, Gringo Dave's was about half the size as it was last year. I asked someone what happenened as they were in the process of expanding last year. The expansion part was now in the hands of another owner. Apparantly, it was a long legal story.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

We were at the Cat the end of April and Gringo Dave's is still open. They are much smaller because of the other bar/resturant that opened next door. The food and drinks were great and they had a guy named James that sung and played the guitar who was really good. The fire dancer is still there too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

I stopped at Gringo Daves's last night and it is closed. It was still closed this morning. I have not seen Dave since I got down here early in the week, even his house looks quiet. Maybe he is out of town for awhile. The other restaurants are open but Dave's was always a fun place.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

Bummer, we love going to Gringo Dave's. It's a given when we go to the Cat we spend 1 or more evenings there.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
293 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

We were just at the Cat May 3 through 10 and asked an employee of the Yahoo Bar next door why Gringo Daves was closed. He was no help. We were also at the Cat in February, 2008, and had a great time at this Bar. Visiting Gringo Daves has always been a highlight of our trips to the Cat, and we would appreciate knowing when and if it reopens. Please keep all of us posted.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

Dave was partners on the restaurant next door at one time but they had a falling out and I don't think they get along. The Federales closed Dave down for a day or two a couple months ago over a tax receipts issue or so I heard. They come and close you down and then you have to prove you paid it. Takes a coulple days to get the order lifted. None of the restaurants ever want to talk about it, maybe they are afraid that they are next. I am sure every restaurant owner knows what is going on, they just aren't talking, yet.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

That's a bummer. I was looking forward to taking people there for a night out. I'll let you know if I find out anythibg when I get back.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Gringo Dave's Open??

Just an update.....Gringo Dave's is still closed and looking a bit neglected. Doesn't appear to be opening anytime soon. Wasn't able to get any info from anyone.