We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about sunscape puerto aventura

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
question about sunscape puerto aventura

our agent told us about this resort. last time we went to iberostar quetzal.

how is the pool there? any activities for young kids ages 3 and 5? are the boats parked there annoying and noisy? any comments appreciated.

pj

tennessee
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

Check out the postings on page 5 called Just returned from Sunscape Puerto Aventura....I posted lots of info for parents with small children. BTW, the boats are not noisy at all. Have a good day!

montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

We were there from April 16 to 30 2005 with 3 kids.Their kids club called Explorer Club is suberb.They will give you a book with all the activities for the week.They are open from 10 am till 8 pm. They even offer to take of the kids during lunch and dinner if you want.They run movies for kids every night on the beach. re Nimo, Ice Age,Shrek.my friend Bear,etc.They have trampoline and bungie every day at 10 am and 4 pm.They have a pool for kids and 2 pools ,one for adults only on the marina side and a huge whirl pool.It is not noisy and the marina is very nice to walk around with plenty of diving,fishing and private boats ,catamarans and dolphins sea lions,searays,parrots with Dolphins Discovery in the marina. You can also swim with the dolphins.It is very safe and clean.People are very polite and they love kids.In the dining room and the specialities restaurant,they have chairs for kids.They will offer everything you need for kids.They have everyday the visit of animals,monkey,parrots,iguana and they take picture.The animation team consists of 5 animators,They do everything for the kids without tipping.They love kids.The hotel is very quiet after the night show around 9 pm every night.There are no disco and no music after 10 pm.

illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

Anyone checking back from a winter(January) visit --- when the Sunscape was not ready for prime time and certainly not a 5 Apple property.

I was to report that hotel came up with a 2 free day offer and Apple is offering a $600 credit. It helps to complain and write about it

Columbus, OH
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

I have just returned from this resort, and as a seasoned Apple customer, I can tell you...pick another resort. it has just been taken over by Sunscape and was closed from Sept through Dec for "remodeling." They still have much to do. My room had mold throughout the ceiling, broken handles on the dresser (one drawer was from another piece of furniture), curtains that wouldn't shut and were broken from the track. The main restaurant burned down 2 1/2 weeks ago, the power was out often, the beach is small and surrounded by coral (no way to beach walk), the elevator rarely works, some rooms have bug problems, and the management staff is up to its ears in complaints. This was not our choice of resort...it was an Apple square deal placement. I have stayed at Iberostars before, and they are wonderful. On a positive, the staff was very friendly, and the pools were nice. This resort will need a great deal of work before it is up to par.

Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

This is in response to the posting on 5/14/05 made by peoriapals.

We were also at Sunscape in January and felt that it still needed much work in order to be classified as a 5-Apple resort. Therefore, I filed a complaint with Apple requesting compensation for the misrepresentation of this resort. We too were offered the 2 free night stay, but we were only offered a $50 per person Apple credit. There were 4 adults in our group, so we received a total of $200 in credits. I was quite surprised when I read your posting stating that you received a $600 credit. So, I am very curious to find out if this was a per person credit, or if this was the total credit for a group of people, and if so, how many people did this cover. I am still working with my travel agent to try and come up with some kind of compensation that is of real value to me and that I think is fair. Any additional info that you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about sunscape puerto aventura

Check out the review of Locogringo and of Twobennets.All their comments and reviews were very helpfull.Your kids will love the EXPLORER kids club.