We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

Hola amigos y amigas!!!!!! What you want to know??? I posted a review "Calm down and relax" I think I entitled it. Should be up in a few days. Skiski, miniclub?? Not sure what you want to know. About the kids room. Saw close to the Seaside grill 3 rooms that looked like they were set up for kids. Cribs in one. HusbandPepsi, never saw horseshoes. Beach volleyball and all the ocean stuff, but not horseshoes. If you are interested in snorkling, do it. Never did at property but last day there took the dolphin discovery tour to Isla Mujeras, unbelievable. I'll watch this every day. Please anyone going with questions, ask. I work in hotels so I'll tell you the best I can. I had a great time can give you pointers to have a great time. So please, do ask.

6 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

Hi Loco,

I will be visiting SPA this weekend - friday through monday to celebrate my 40th bday - with my 5 yr old, mom, aunt and cousin. Did you have any mold problems> would it help to bring my own lysol wipes or is that overkill?? For a short trip would you still do a tour?? My mom and Aunt are doing 1/2 day at Tulum but I wasn't sure about what to do with a 5 year old. How long was the ride from the Cancun airport? Did you have concerns or take precautions regarding the water????

Thanks!!

Michelle

montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

No problem with the water.The mini club called the Explorer club is fantastic with kids.They have an excursion desk.Go and talk with them.They will help you.Enjoy your vacation,It is a nice place.Make sure to walk in the marina to see the fishing boats and the dolphins.Your 5 year old kid will enjoy the Dolphin Discovery.Bring you camera to take a lot of pictures.It is a 50 minutes ride on the highway.From the hotel,take a taxi and go to Playa Del Carmen on Fifth avenue for some shopping and local products.Tulum is a nice excursion.Have fun.Your kid will enjoy the trampoline and bungee at 10 am and 4 pm every day near the Main restaurant with the animation team and the movies on the beach every night at 8 pm before the evening shows.

montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

where do you go for the next vacation

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: I'm back from Sunscape. Bring on the questions!!!

hey skiski!!!! been awhile since i've been on here.... read about some of the aftermath of emily and was devastated thinking of all our friends that worked at sunscape. so...where's my next vacation going to be??? Don't know yet? maybe skiing in colorado this winter or lake okoboji in iowa next summer. still paying for sunscape trip and will be for a while. but was still worth it. if you're thinking of another trip, the place that i'd go to and is getting good reviews and looks nice is the riu palace at cabo san lucas. i was originally looking there but wanted the white sands in the gulf as opposed to the gold sands of the pacific. plus it was just opening in march (man it's been forever since then) and i didn't want to deal with potential newness problems. hopefully you'll see this. nice to hear from you. how about you? where do you want to go? locogringo