We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wireless at Melia? wireless at Club Med?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plano Tx
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wireless at Melia? wireless at Club Med?

Has anyone used the wireless networking in the Melia lobby? is it free or is there a charge? If there's a charge, is it daily, like a tmobile service?

Besides the business center, does Club Med have any wireless networking these days?

thanks!

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wireless at Melia? wireless at Club Med?

I didn't bring my laptop to Melia. Just bought a $10/hr internet card to use in the "internet cafe". Small, nice setup with a circle of computers. Not very private, though. Make sure you log off of every site completely. Somehow, and I was very careful, my stock brokerage account appeared when my brother used the same computer 6 hours later & tried to log onto his account with the same online broker. Mine just popped up, he said. Scarry. I went back an hour later and it didn't happen for me.

And make sure to click the hourglass icon in the lower right corner of the screen to stop your session. Many folks just closed the browser & walked away. Then the kids would know this & use the rest of their prepaid time for free.

I did see folks in the lobby & lower lobby using laptops. Don't know if they were on the hotel's wifi server or used their own card.

Bye,

SeaBass

2. Re: wireless at Melia? wireless at Club Med?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa