We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

Hi all ~

I'd like some info on this area ~ The Barcelo is sounding very nice. Have received good feedback.

Is there places to visit ~ something that wouldn't be seen on the east of Mexico? Places to shop, eat, walk near the Barcelo? I feel safe enough walking around CC by myself, is it better out here?

What about snorkeling excursions or this island I've read about?

Just some things to let my eyeballs see, as I occasionally get bored sitting at the hotel... Thank you

11. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, October 01, 2006
Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

Ziahua Rob

I caught the previous response in time.. Thank you very much.

I found a lot of the info rathder informative, but i still have more to go thru within the site.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
148 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

Nine times, where do you stay when you go to Ixtapa?

What is your favorite and why. I am planning a trip.

los angeles...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

toothfairy,for a honeymoon,the las brisas was great.,with kids that I have now,we like to stay at the dorado pacifico(kid friendly,waterslides,nice beach) good location.krystal is right next door,same as dorado,but 1 short waterslide.........yes this makes a difference to children.....Ithink all rooms at all 3 hotels are all ocean view,with balconey......las brisas you have to take a taxi unless you really,really like to walk anywhere

15. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:55 pm, August 16, 2006
16. Re: Thinking of Ixtapa ~ what to do

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa