We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cocktail hour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
cocktail hour

This came up over the weekend while socializing with friends who will be returning with us to Ixtapa this February. They have stayed at the Dorado, now Sunscapes Dorado for the past 6-7 years. It was an adjustment because of the A.L. change but they still enjoy it with several exceptions. The one that was the topic of discussion was the fact that you "can not" get a drink at the pool bar before 11:00 a.m. which could be 11:20-11:30 because of "Mexican Time". Needless to say, people are 3-4 deep lined up at the bar. This is the policy of the resort. So much for that welcome to another paradise morning "bloody mary". They'll survive.

One more thing, for those of you who prefer Lite Beer, at the Dorado it means "light" colored beer and not less calories.

Edited: 9:38 am, August 20, 2012
Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cocktail hour

Hey T!

Anymore on them making folks sign a non-smoking contract at check-in?

I really howled when I read that one!

Welcome to Hawaii East.

Your folks may be able to circumnavigate the the late opening of the bar by ordering a pitcher of Bloody Marys though room service. Then they can just tote the plastic carafe down to the pool with them!

Worth a shot!

Keith

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cocktail hour

Keith, I like your thinking and I pass it on. As for the non-smoking bit, I'll ask and let you know.

Ted

Edited: 12:08 pm, August 20, 2012
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cocktail hour

Keith,

I never heard of the no smoking contract. Is this something new?

Bill

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cocktail hour

Bill,

One of the Sunscape Dorado reviews contained reference to this.

I guess they arrived and were told about the new smoking policy at check-in (like us) with no forewarning. Then were asked to sign a contract stating if they were caught smoking out on the balcony of their room that they would agree to pay a $250 fine.

Sorry that I don;t have a link to the review, if I run across it I will post it in this thread.

Keith

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cocktail hour

Here you go Bill:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

I had the figure wrong, it was a $200 U.S. fine not 250.

Keith

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cocktail hour

Thanks Keith

I have some friends that are going to be very unhappy with that policy.

7. Re: cocktail hour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa