We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Options

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
93 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas Options

The rates for Las Brisas this winter are roughly:

$105 - Super Saver Room (Floors 10-12)

$140 - Deluxe grand (Floors 16-19, same style room as Super Saver, full breakfast included)

$220 -- Brisas Beach Club (Floors 20-21, continental breakfast and cocktails/hors d'œuvres.

For those of you who've stayed here, is it really worth paying twice as much to have a room higher up and to have continental breakfast and hors d'oeuvres? Or 80 bucks more than a mid-level room with a full (not continental) breakfast? We're not understanding how there can be so much difference in the price when all rooms are identical and ocean view.

Thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas Options

CC,

The Beach Club rooms are on Adult Only floors. Plenty of patrons out there willing to cough up the bucks to stay Scream Free.

Personally, we bypass the Beach Club, and go for the Junior Suite. They are on the top floor, two balconies and a Jacuzzi on one of them. We don't go for the food options because the room service breakfast comes out to be about the same as the increase in room prices. We get a pot of Coffee, a Fruit plate, and an Omelet and share them between the two of us out on the balcony i the morning..........perfect!

You can see my review from last March here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150790-d152…

Keith

Edited: 4:52 pm, July 21, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas Options

Depends on how much you value your rooms. I tend to value them in general because I used to work in hotels for years and can be a bit stuffy about guestrooms!

The view from the room balcony is more or less the same in all rooms but does get better as you get higher up (obviously) - but compare it to looking at the Grand Canyon - each floor up gets you another step closer to the edge of the canyon and a fuller/better view of all the beauty.

Floors 10-12 are "the same" as the rest, but I saw some photos from a 2012 review where they didn't look fully renovated and definitely looked a bit dated in comparison (different linens, artwork, etc - not the new white hotel linen look that all their website photos show). Also the 10th floor is the floor right in front of the path to the pools and folks would literally be about 5 feet from you on your "balcony" as they walk by.

We request the 18th floor (behind the front desk) as it is only a half floor due to the 18th floor having the lounge in the middle of the hotel, so there is less people in the hallway outside your room and actually ends up being very quiet overall and close to elevators/lounge/restaurants.

Last year the breakfast buffet was about $260 pesos for two if I remember correctly, so about $20 CDN/USD for reference. Pretty decent buffet, nothing spectacular but good omelette station and such.

I recommend at least the Deluxe/Deluxe Superior rooms, but if you can get a Junior Suite as Keith says, do it - they look sweet and give you a nice space to relax.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas Options

We have been to Las Brisas 3 times first 2 times we went EP booked deluxe and upgraded as soon as we got there both times no extra cost.. Went to Ixtapa for breakfast every day. This last year we went AI same deal with the room up grade no charge. Fourth time we are going EP again planning to up grade when we get there and hoping to maybe add meals.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas Options

Just wanted to "hijack" this thread as many people looking for Las Brisas info will find this post first!

Just heard back from the hotel and the "new" AI plan now limits use of the a la carte restaurants (or what they are now calling specialty restaurants) . So if you book a week (7 nights) you will have the option of up to 4 a la carte dinners. This is obviously less good for regulars who went with AI as 3 of the 4 restaurants don't offer a buffet! So you are regulated to the Bellavista restaurant that offers a buffet for a minimum of 3 nights on a 7 night stay. This is very much a "regular beach AI resort" move and I guess it was only a matter of time but it looks as if Las Brisas is starting to move closer to the traditional AIs right in Ixtapa...so to speak. The official breakdown provided to me from the hotel is:

From 1 to 2 nights: 1 dinner a la carte

From 3 to 4 nights: 2 dinners a la carte

From 5 to 6 nights: 3 dinners a la carte

From 7 nights on: 4 dinners a la carte*

*what if you book 2 weeks?? 4 dinners for 14 nights stay? I did ask how strict this policy was and they may provide 1 or 2 more a la carte dinners if you ask/complain and it might just be up to the lobby concierge to "allow your reservation" now. Oh, you have to make reservations by 7:30pm in the main lobby now as well.

But, some items have also changed for the better and maybe 2 of the 3 below might apply to non-AI bookings as well, but I didn't confirm this.

~ Wifi is now complimentary

~ Bottle of water 1.5 L and 1 coffee kit in your room. Restocked once a day

~ Mini bar (4 soft drinks, 4 beers Coronitas and 2 bottles of water 330ml.). Restocked once a day.

I know the coffee thing was a real issue for some travelers, so the package offers a mixed bag overall.

~S

Edited: 4:04 pm, October 11, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas Options

Oh, and thanks to breezeasy here on TA for messaging me the heads up on the changes to the AI plan that made me confirm the above at Las Brisas!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas Options

Thanks much for the update Sandy!!

I will report back on any EP changes that we see the end of this month.

Keith

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas Options

Thanks Keith! I don't even know if the other AI hotels in Ixtapa do something similar but finally wifi and coffee included is a step that probably should have been done prior so hopefully it is hotel wide. ;-)

Have a great trip - catch a few for me!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas Options

Keith, please post las brisas review when you return. We are going ep latr dic.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Brisas Options

Jemmy, you can see my review from last March if you click on me.

But yes, I will post a trip report in here, and if there are any major changes from March 2012 I will update with another review.

TA looks poorly upon multiple reviews from the same user on the same property. The "Shilling for Dollars" thing was an issue in the past.

Keith

10. Re: Las Brisas Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa