We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixtapa Hotels

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
denver
1 post
Save Topic
Ixtapa Hotels

What is the best hotel in Ixtapa?

maryland
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixtapa Hotels

Very broad question. You may want to start by looking at some of the travel reviews for hotels. Select the TAB "Hotel" above and read some the reviews already posted. Then if you have specific questions about a hotel others may be able to help you.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixtapa Hotels

If you are looking for an AI resort in Ixtapa the Barcelo Beach Resort is our favorite. We have been there twice and looking on going back next year. We met a lot of people that have return to this resort year after year. One of our favorites for the price. TJ-Wisconsin.

Lino Lakes, MN
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixtapa Hotels

I've stayed at the Dorado Pacifico for the last 12 years and am always very pleased with the service received. Like a previous poster mentioned, look at the hotel reviews. You will find them helpful.

Winnipeg
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixtapa Hotels

Depends what you are looking for but if it is "Best Hotel"...it has to be Las Brisas...best food, drinks and service....very clean and all staff excellent. ONLY drawback, you have to walk as the resort is spread out.....and you can't walk out the front door to the town, you have to walk down and up a very steep hill.......but I researched every hotel and then chose Las Brisas All Inclusive...and it exceeded my expectations for quality of food and drinks and service.

Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ixtapa Hotels

We stayed at the Krystal for 5 years but had problems with beach chair reservations system there so we changed to the Dorado Pacifico this year. At the Krystal I had to stand in line for 1-1 1/2 hours every day to reserve. The good thing was I met a lot of really nice people standing in line. The bad part is if you know who to pay you can reserve a beach palapa for the whole week. So often people in line waited for an hour only to be told there weren't any chairs left when they got to the front of the line even though there were more palapa's than people in line. 3 or 4 years ago we met a couple who told us they pay to reserve but we could never find out who to pay. We liked the Dorado much better and will return there next year.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa