We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Clubs for Rent?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
MInneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf Clubs for Rent?

My husband and I are going to Ixtapa very soon and we're not super excited about dragging our clubs down there. Are there clubs for rent at either courses? Thanks!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

Yes...both courses have them...they are not excellent clubs...but work ok...

MInneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

What's the cost?

maryland
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

Palma Real I believe charges approximately $30 (US). If you are going to play several times bring your own clubs. I would expect that the Marina course is charging the same price.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

Travel Judy is correct. It cost $30 for clubs. I rented left handed clubs and they were above average. I would make sure you bring tee's and golf balls because its a rip off at the golf course. Also bring your golf shoes because the fairways are pretty slippery in the morning rounds. They do have a package for 3 days and it looked pretty reasonable. TJ-Wisconsin

Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

It depends on how finicky you are. Both courses have clubs for rent..but they are very, very, very poor clubs. Honestly, the courses are only marginal as well. After playing both of them on one trip, I will NOT bother with golf on subsequent trips.

I'm a diehard player (100+ rounds/year), but the time/expense/quality is really not worth it in Ixtapa.

maryland
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Clubs for Rent?

You may want to view the write-up of the courses by other reviewers under the TAB "Attractions". You should see about 6 Reviews for the Marina golf course and 3 reviews for Palma Real

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa