We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
6 posts
Save Topic
Las Brisas

Going to Las Brisas AI next week...just a few questions (1st time in Ixtapa):

....do you tip as you go along or at the end of your stay

....can you walk the beach from this hotel

....is bottled water available everywhere (rest's [pool side etc.)

..are there any floors to avoid...I am really tired of getting a bad room at resorts and then having to move

any other tips would be really appreciated..tx

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas

Mex

We tipped as we went, but we also did not know that there is an automatic tip for room service, so be sure to ask about tipping when you check in. I believe in tipping well, but we ended up tipping double what we would here at home.

Las brisas has their own, beautiful, PRIVATE beach. It would be a really long cab ride to Ixtapa's public beach, but a quick cab ride. We personally enjoyed the La Ropa beach in Zihua better than the beach in Ixtapa, but our favorite by far was the Las Brisas beach.

Bottled water is available everywhere, but for a price...it was about $3/bottle, but we found on the last day that is was about $1/bottle in town at the grocery.

We were on the 19th floor and it was great, but all rooms are supposed to have an ocean view. I would request a room higher up, because you will have a great view.

Finally, if you enjoy golf, both courses were great. Be sure to get a massage on the beach, our favorite was at the far end of La Ropa Beach just past Villa del Sol, it was only $30/hour/person and it was amazing. We also bought cheap air mattresses to float around in the pool on and that was a lot of fun. And the happy hour at in the Lobby Bar is great and a great place to watch the sunset.

The hotel is wonderful and hopefully you will have a wonderful time. We can't wait to got back in September. Sorry for all my rambeling, but if you have any more questions please ask.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas

MMARVIN

Can you explain the automatic tipsmI have heard this before , we aso like to tip well but domnt intend on double tipping how does the auto matic tipping work ?

I have heard that tips on the AI plan are included , we like to tip on top of that for good service but dont want any surprises at the end of our stay.

Thanks

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas

Pablo

I think it is not so much a tip (excuse my previous post) as an unmentioned 15% fee on room service. I just pulled out my bill and noticed a good number of extra charges that we did not know about when we got the room service delivered, so I tipped about 20% on top of that. Good to know for next time, but nothing I feel too horrible about. I am not sure about what the policy is on the AI plan. We found that we ate and drank well (about 75% of our meals and drinks) at the hotel and it was much cheaper than the AI. We only spent about $900 for most our meals and drinks, including our tips and mini bar for the seven days we were there. We did not eat at the fancier resturaunts, but did a lot of room service on our balcony, with candles, which was our own romantic evening.

I think next time we go we will bring a collapsalbe cooler for our room and buy drinks in town for a much cheaper price, we spent a fair amount at the mini bar when we got thirsty in the room. This will help save more money for more golf and massages.

The service is great at the resturants, bars and beaches. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas

Thanks

Its -41 with the windchill 2 day so I am looking forwrd to the heat .

Thanks Again

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas

mex06 - can you tell me how you booked your trip? I usually go through Apple, but they do not offer the AI option at Las Brisas. Thanks and enjoy your trip!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas

rockies

I think you can still purchase the AI when you sign in at the hotel. Here is a link to their contact page, in case you want to e-mail them to find out.

www.brisas.com.mx/index.php…

We are headed there 3/4 through 3/11.

Have a Great Trip!

Keith

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas

rockies

I just looked at Continental airlines and they offer AI, also if you search for Las Brisas Ixtapa on a search engine you may find somewhere that offers the AI option, I have seen it someplaces, I just do not rember where.

Winnipeg
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas

in response....to your question we booked thru Sell Off Vacation.com...We have booked thru them a few times now with success. We are going on Tuesday and not too soon..it is -46 here today.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa