We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas and Ixtapa in general

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Brisas and Ixtapa in general

My girlfriend (soon to be fiance, after this trip, i hope) and I are going to Las Brisas from March 4-10. On a previous trip to Mexico she got very sick and is feeling a bit nervous about returning. She wants to know about the water situation and has heard that she should brush her teeth with bottled water. Is this true? What have you heard? What about ice?

We are looking for a place that we can relax by the ocean/pool, but also where things to do aren't too far away for when we feel like it. Are you basically on your own here? Will I have to research places to go and things to do before we go, or will I be able to talk to someone at the hotel?

We plan on going to Ixtapa Island, do some snorkling, maybe parasail one day or rent jetskis. But mostly we want to lounge around, go to some nice dinners, watch those great sunsets and one or two nights hit a bar and have some fun. I'm also scouting out for a place to pop the question.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
2,816 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas and Ixtapa in general

Congratulations on your soon to be proposal. My husband and I love the Las Brisas and it is the perfect place for romance. We had no trouble having drinks made with ice or brushing our teeth at the hotel. We only drank bottled water, which they offer in the room for a very high price, but you can buy it in town for only a dollar, about a third of the price of the water in the room. I would also suggest not eating any lettuce or salads becuase the leaves are sometimes rinsed with poor water.

The hotel's happy hour is a beautiful way to enjoy the sunset. The pools, especially the adult pool are wonderful to lay by and the beach has very strong waves, but plenty of chairs and a beautiful beach.

There are plenty of opportunites to parasail on the beaches in Ixtap and Zihua. I highly suggest getting a massage or two on the beaches, they were wonderful. We did not go out many bars or Ixtapa island, so I am no help there.

The hotel has some beautiful grounds you could pop the question at. They also offer a romantic dinner on the beach, with wine and three or four courses and your table is surrounded by candles, with your own personal server. I think it cost about $120-150 or so. We went El Faro and had a wonderful, romantic dinner and it is very close to the hotel.

I wish you the best of luck and hope this really long response helps. If you have anymore questions I will try and help.

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
2,816 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
El Faro
El Faro
378 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas and Ixtapa in general

Congratulations on your soon to be proposal. My husband and I love the Las Brisas and it is the perfect place for romance. We had no trouble having drinks made with ice or brushing our teeth at the hotel. We only drank bottled water, which they offer in the room for a very high price, but you can buy it in town for only a dollar, about a third of the price of the water in the room. I would also suggest not eating any lettuce or salads becuase the leaves are sometimes rinsed with poor water.

The hotel's happy hour is a beautiful way to enjoy the sunset. The pools, especially the adult pool are wonderful to lay by and the beach has very strong waves, but plenty of chairs and a beautiful beach.

There are plenty of opportunites to parasail on the beaches in Ixtap and Zihua. I highly suggest getting a massage or two on the beaches, they were wonderful. We did not go out many bars or Ixtapa island, so I am no help there.

The hotel has some beautiful grounds you could pop the question at. They also offer a romantic dinner on the beach, with wine and three or four courses and your table is surrounded by candles, with your own personal server. I think it cost about $120-150 or so. We went El Faro and had a wonderful, romantic dinner and it is very close to the hotel.

I wish you the best of luck and hope this really long response helps. If you have anymore questions I will try and help.

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
2,816 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
El Faro
El Faro
378 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Peoria ,Illinois
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas and Ixtapa in general

Congraualations on your soon to be fiance. I too got extremely sick my 1st trip to Mexico Puerto Vallarta but I did lots of reasearch when I got home and have found a remedy that works for my husband & myself. A few weeks before going we start taking a good probiotic such as Acidiphollis which is generally found in healthfood stores and take also while were there will double the dosage that is taken back home this will help put good bacteria in your digetion tract so that you can withstand to come against bad bacteria . I also don't eat the lettuce nor do I brush my teeth with the tap water I only use bottled water. Also I purchase from a Chiroprator a product called PAR-EX by Medigenics I believe this is taken with each meal , and also bring tablets of pepto-bismol just in case, since we've done this neither of us have had any tummy issues and have been back several times to Mexico & Punta Cana, hope this is helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa