We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Troncones or Barra de Potosi??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Troncones or Barra de Potosi??

Staying in Zihua/Ixtapa again for a week in mid-February. This time we're thinking of taking a day trip (besides the one we take to Ixtapa Island via local bus/water shuttle) and are considering Troncones or Barra. Ideally, it would be nice to hang out on a beach, eat, drink, and wander through a town. Has anyone been to both or either? Comments or advise? I think we'd probably use local public transportation, if possible, to get there from Ixtapa.

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Troncones or Barra de Potosi??

We were on a tour group and we went to Barra. The restaurant we ate at was good. It looked like an interesting place, but we didn't have that much time to explore. There was a lot of beach went we went in March because the water level I guess is low that time of year. Sorry i can't be of more help. I did take a picture of the sign of the restaurant so if you want the name of it you can email me.

ajrwdwgirl@yahoo.com

ma.
Level Contributor
49 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Troncones or Barra de Potosi??

Don't waste your time going to Troncones, Its very dusty and dirty dirt roads that lead to nowhere.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa