We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another First-Timer in Ixtapa 11/11-11/18

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Another First-Timer in Ixtapa 11/11-11/18

Hi,

My husband and I are going to be staying at the Las Brisas starting in just a few days and I have a few restaurants that I have been told not to miss and we have a fishing trip planned, but what else does everyone suggest that we not miss? Also, does anyone know what the westher is like this time of year? Should we take pants or just shorts? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you for your posts!!!

Summer

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another First-Timer in Ixtapa 11/11-11/18

Normally I would tell you that it would be quiet/dead down there this time of the year...but with all of the Cancun people coming over...the hotels are having a great time! So there will be tourists. I have worked very hard and am now being called Evacluation Judy for helping so many of the people come from Cancun/Playa/Cozumel and get into the hotels in both Ixtapa/Zihua. The weather should be nice, warm and everything should be green with the rain that came with Hurricane Stan. Slacks are sometimes nice for the more upscale restaurants...too many tourists look really sloppy and the Mexican tourists always show us up!! Please make sure that your captain practices tag/release on the sailfish. Make sure you discuss that BEFORE the fish is accidently taken and injured or drowned! You can keep the Dorado/mahi mahi and the tuna, of course...but sails are just taken for pictures...and then left dead on the pier...we are all trying to promote tag/release. Bring along some tags for your captain...Get to downtown Zihua on Sunday ite and just people watch...it is great. Some Sundays they have folkloric dancers, other times music and singers that are popular in Mexico, always food stands, trinket booths, music, clowns, facr painting. Come and see how the Mexican families love to be out and about in their finest on Sunday nite. Cost is nothing...but the experience is PRICELESS!

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another First-Timer in Ixtapa 11/11-11/18

I was down there last Nov., from the middle through the end of the month, -

the temps. were 85 to 90 during the day and around 70 for the low.

Don't miss the seafood market in Z-watt-in-nay-ho.

I'm hope'in to go back this spring.

It's the most relaxing place I've ever been.

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another First-Timer in Ixtapa 11/11-11/18

We just returned, and our favorite places for the view and service were El Faro by the Pacifica and Il'Mare above Zihua - both have great views of the different beaches. In Ixtapa we spent some time at Franks - he was great, has great pizza. Did not try his steaks or shrimp - but some them cooking and they looked great (casual place back behind El Patio shopping area). La Perla on La Ropa was also nice - great location on the beach, but the plastic lawn furniture is not the best for the setting.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa