We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

souvenir shopping

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madeira Park
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
souvenir shopping

what's good in this area for souvenir shopping??? I'm thinking of bringing back silver jewellery, leather goods, mexican glass etc for xmas gifts...any suggestions???

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,762 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: souvenir shopping

All of these items are all over both Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. Check out the artisian's market and then enjoy a Sunday nite at the basketball court for great people watching. And there are all kinds of booths set up there so you can chose nice gifts. Come on down and shop. Keep in mind lots of the little places do not take credit cards. Abel and Julie and Albertos do...Come and enjoy! It is the greatest place in Mexico...that's why I live there!

ixtapa
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: souvenir shopping

The Ixapa crafts market also has a good selection of souveniers as well as the boutiques and stores in the commercial area. I like to get goodies from a store close to the catholic church in Zihuatanejo where you get the Olinalá ceramics. They sell beautiful art in that store. Jorge Perez is a local painter that makes amazing paintings using his fingers. He usually paints in the El Palmar beach in front of the Barceló hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa