We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Season?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rexburg, ID
11 posts
Save Topic
Off Season?

When is the off season in Ixtapa? I'll be there in late August and I'm just wondering what I should expect. Thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off Season?

August is a month that finds many vacationing Mexican families in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, prior to the start of the new school year. Compared to the winter months, it's a slow season, the periods before August and September through much of November are probably the slowest times of the year there from what I'm recalling.

Corpus Christi, Tx
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Off Season?

My wife and I were there from April 29 to May 4, and it was the slowest time I had ever seen at any time in Mexico. We have visited in Oct. Nov. Mar, June, August, Nov. and early April and this was the slowest time we ever spent. It was a joy to be able to use the facilities at the Dorado Pacifico with no one around except on the weekend. frj

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,759 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off Season?

August will be very busy because of the new highway coming down from Mexico City and the state of Michoacan. It is a favorite destination for Mexican families when their kids are out of school for July and August. Basically the off season is a few days after Easter (varies each year) until school is out end of June...then first week of September to Thanksgiving where the week of Thanksgiving is very busy and then the week after Thanksgiving to about Dec. 17 (this year) when the charters start up from all of the cold climate destinations. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa