We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixtapa Hotels - please help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ixtapa Hotels - please help

I am planning a vacation for my husband, our 17-year old son, and me and can't decide where to stay -- Las Brisas or the Barcelo. Is Las Brisas so nice that it's worth being removed from town even with an energetic, teen-aged boy? Or is the Barcelo comfortable enough and so convenient that it's worth giving up the probably nicer room at Las Brisas? I should add that since he is a very hungry teenager, the A/I would be useful, even if only for his snacks! Normally, his brother would be with him and we don't want him to be bored. But Las Brisas looks so nice and we don't plan to stay at the hotel all the time. . . Please, someone, have mercy! I've been doing this for three days and need to book because we really need this vacation. I realize most people wouldn't have stayed at both, but from what you have seen and experienced. . . advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
2,815 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
Barcelo Ixtapa
Barcelo Ixtapa
3,245 Reviews
Ixtapa, Mexico
1. Re: Ixtapa Hotels - please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:34 am, March 17, 2006
Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixtapa Hotels - please help

Thanks, Judy! You helped. God bless.

Madeira Park
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixtapa Hotels - please help

so, what did you decide? how was the trip? we're facing the same decisions right now to go in dec 2005 with an 8 yr old girl. we're thinking of doing both, one week at las brisas and the second week at barcelo but would love to hear what you thought of your decision!!

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa