We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Z

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in Z

Hey ya'll. Headed down next week. Anyone have any word on the current fishing conditions? I know they are always good - but is anything hitting particularly hot right now? Any good guesses for the next two weeks???

How's the weather? Can't wait... in the T minus 10 coundown mode. Yee haw!

1. Re: Fishing in Z

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 pm, October 16, 2006
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Z

Thanks Peddler!!!

I am a frequent visitor to Zihua Rob's site... However, the last time the fishing report was updated on that site was June 28 of this year. I am looking for a more current update if available. I know there have not been a lot of boats going out lately... but maybe somebody has put a pole in the water in the last month and can give me an idea how things are shaping up.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Z

This was discussed there very recently & it was stated that "Ed's" report was brand new. I don't read them as I am strictly a fresh water guy.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Z

Here is the I/Z reports section from mexfish.com for Oct 9.

IXTAPA ZIHUATANEJO, MEXICO: Larry Edwards of Cortez Yacht Charters reported on 2 outings by the charter boats Princess Iris and Reyna del Mar, with a catch including released fish while fishing inshore 1 day and offshore 1 day of: 4 sailfish, 3 jack crevalle, 4 bonito, and 1 sierra. Ixtapa fishing area weather was partly cloudy in the low-90s, with some rough seas and water temperatures at 88 to 89 degrees. Most sailfish were being caught with rigged trolling baits.

IXTAPA ZIHUATANEJO, MEXICO: Ed Kunze, reporting for Baja On The Fly, said 85-degree blue water was 7 miles out of Zihuatanejo bay and offshore boats averaged about 2 to 3 sailfish per day. With the rainy season ending, inshore waters were clearing and local fishing boats averaged 4 or 5 roosterfish per day. Ixtapa fishing area weather was cloudy in the high-90s, with water temperatures at 78 to 87 degrees.

These reports cover the entire Pacific coast from Baja on down. Great reading, and good pics every week. It is updated every Monday, so if you go there more than once (and you will) remember to hit the refresh button so that you get linked to the latest report!

Have a Great Trip!

Keith

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Z

Thanks Keith... I'm sure this will be helpful.... looking forward to the 'blue water!'

6. Re: Fishing in Z

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 17, 2009