We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Hi all

We are returning in January 2015 to Ixtapa after a 20 year absence . While we are staying at the Azul Grand , we realize AI food can be quite repetitive , we are looking for some coaching as to where some great evening dining out options might be located . We are not picky eaters and love to try just about any culinary concoctions ...ha ha

As well, are there any recommended Sunset Dining cruises and some to stay away from .

Looking forward to your valued information.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

I suggest you scroll down on this forum. There have been many threads where lots of people have listed more favourite restaurants than you could ever visit...and then there will be those that you find on your own. The selection of great places to eat in Zihua is extensive. Maybe have a look at what folks have posted, then you might have questions about some specific locations. You really can't go wrong- there are just so many wonderful options. Here's wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Thanks Linda .....and there are tons to choose from . Any to avoid ROFL

Vacation to us is not sweating the small things and our time to de stress ....while good food is nice , chillaxing is most important .

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Why not treat yourselves to a nice beach walk and a lunch at one of Playa Linda's best keep secrets. Just past the venders open air market about 4-5 restaurants down is a place called Restaurant Linda with a seafood platter that is outstanding. These beach restaurants don't look like much but the quality of the food, prices and service (feet in the sand) make this place want you to forget AI food. We stumbled upon this place several years ago and now this has become a destination lunch stop for us. The owner is Delia and her husband's name is Paco

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

I have heard good things about the Picante sunset cruises- but we have not done one, not yet.

http://www.picantecruises.com/tours.html

Says 'drinks and hors d'oeuvres', not actual dinner, though.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g153445-d18…

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

We went on the Picante sunset cruise in November and absolutely loved it. They served a light dinner of grilled chicken, rice, & veggies along with rum punch and margaritas. The portions were small but very tasty. This was a wonderful evening with dolphins swimming around the boat and certainly was not a booze cruise.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Thanks Dabuilder ... sounds like a must stop to me

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Well good to know purses that it is not a booze cruise, been there done that in Cancun by mistake....wasn't fun

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

Well that SOUNDS like dinner- they should change their website! Thanks purses. :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

We do the Picante sunset cruise everytime we are in Ixtapa. It is a great time but if you call that dining out I would be 50 pounds lighter. What we do after the cruise is usually take a taxi back into Ixtapa after we eat dinner in ZIH. I would recommned the sunset cruise because it is great view of ZIH and Ixtapa from the water!! Ted&Julie

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining Out in Ixtapa and Zihuatenjo

I hope I did not give the wrong impression of the Picante tour. It is not dining out, just a light meal but more than snacks. We stopped for a beer, pita chips and guacamole on the way home and that was all we needed to eat. The cruise itself is very relaxing with amazing views. It was not a booze cruise when we were on it but I guess that depends on the crowd.