We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

I know you never know and I don't have any control over the weather, however what is it usually like in early June? Is that the beginning of the rainly season?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,762 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

Hot, humid and the start of the rainy season. But any day in Zihua is better going to work at home!!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

Thanks TravelJudy! Yes, definately better than work. I'm still trying to make it down that way for my first visit! We'll see!!!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

Actually many years there is little or no rain in June & the heavy humidity has not arrived either. I had a great trip a few years ago mid May through June. A real plus is lack of crowds. The few tourists were mostly European. Few Yankees & the Mexican tourists have not started arriving yet. A most pleasant time to go as long as you have A/C for sleeping.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

Annyka-- I just returned from a trip to Ixtapa in late July-- the weather was fabulous and pretty much sunny the entire time... Where are you staying in Ixtapa? My boyfriend and some friends and I rented a villa and it was great-- went to a lot of little surf spots along the coast although we got lost a bunch, really wish I could've brought my TomTom GO 910 along with me to help me navigate unchartered waters (no pun intended:)!!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What does the weather (tend) to be like in early June?

Nothing is "set in stone" (I wish!) yet, but if we went, it would probably be the RHC Park Royal Villas through our timeshare. I can't convince my husband yet to take another vacation though! (We went to Arizona in the spring, again in November and then Cancun/Playa del Carmen in February '07).