We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

What is the big difference between these two? What is the draw to stay at one over the other. I was sure we were going to the BVGR, but hadn't even really looked at the BVGM, should I?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
453 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

We spent two weeks at the BVGR in November and have checked both out and both are very nice.

The BVG Residence is much closer to Ixtapa central, restaurants and grocery store etc.....a 5 minute walk. BVG Marina is closer to some nice restaurants at the marina. I like the BVGR because it is closer to the swimmable end of El Palmer beach where the waves are not as big and nasty, and because it is not as new, there is more vegetation and trees are larger on the property. Over the years I watcher both being constructed as we took our walks along El Palmer beach.

Edited: 7:20 pm, February 16, 2014
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

Thanks for the info. With little kids, then I think the BVGR would be best and I really want to be as close to grocery walking as possible.

Cheers:)

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
944 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

I'd say BVGR for sure with little kids. Pools are gradual entry, and far more shade.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

The Grand Res. is right across the street to Commercial Ixtapa area...ice cream there, too!! Much better for you.

5. Re: BVG Residence vs. BVG Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2015