We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Ten Must Eats

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Campbell River
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Top Ten Must Eats

We will be in Ixtapa for 2 weeks at the beginning of March (yah), we are staying AI but plan to eat out at least 10 times in Ixtap- Zih. Please help us create a list of the ten place we must eat at while we are there:) Thanks!!! Also do you know if there is a bar hop in Ixtapa, we did one in P.V with a bunch of Trip Advisors and had a great time (went to bars we would have normally never entered and had sooooo much fun and great service) P.S we are not looking for real fancy dining!!

Oakdale, Minnesota
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Been going there for years. Your gonna hear Momma Norma, emillios pizza, and Reubens alot. Those arn't my top choices. I love Da Baffone, on our 10 day trips there we go here at least twice. I Love Lalos. they make a shrimp they cook right in front of you, and its delicious. I cant remember the Name of this Place and we only tried it for the first time 2 or 3 years ago, But if you are in the parking lot right in front of Senior Frogs look directly to your right, That place is also very good. Don't get me wrong Momma Norma is good. Reubens I could take or leave, its just a burger joint. But I wouldn't go back to Emillio's. Its wood fired Pizza and its about 275 degrees in the joint. So if ya wanna eat in a Sauna thats the place for you. Have a blast, Ixtapa is my favorite place to vacation.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Please scroll down a bit. There is a recent thread about restaurants where several of us named our top 3-10 restaurants. You will get some great ideas there.

Campbell River
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Thank you!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Most of those places were in Z & you should certainly go there several times for dinner. Another place that's really good in Ixtapa is Solaeido. It's down toward the marina, across from the Park Royal. Also there are some good restaurants in the marina and maybe someone will chime in with their favorites there. And Frank's in Ixtapa is over rated.

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Soleiado in Ixtapa now owned by Edmund Benloulou would be my first choice in Ixtapa. The rest are in Zihua!

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Try La Malinche in Ixtapa. Not TexMex.

Chiles en Nogada is our favorite.

Edited: 10:39 am, January 20, 2014
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Tamales y Atoles "Any" was my favorite little dining place in Zihua. I had the best fish tacos there of my entire stay. We also enjoyed La Sirena Gorda (the fat mermaid) right on the Paseo del Pescador (small "boardwalk") near the pier in Zihua.

Momma Norma's was our favorite in Ixtapa...and it's true, you will hear that a lot :)

Campbell River
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Thank you every one for your help:)

9. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:00 am, December 16, 2015
Edited: 11:00 am, December 16, 2015
Campbell River
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Ten Must Eats

Thank you!!