We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Travelling to the Azul Ixtapa Grand on January 27th on an AI package with some beer and wine connoisseurs. These gals and fellas are curious as to what kind of beer is served on tap at the Azult Ixtapa Grand and if the red wine is decent. Also, does the lobby bar serve bottled Corona?

16 more sleeps....Yippee!

Cheers :-)

Ann

Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

I'm interested to know as well - that always seems to be the one major downfall of our AI trips!

Hubby and I are connoisseurs and we always feel like we need a decent drink when we come home. Read Segim's review about the bottle of wine for $70USD...won't be doing that but a decent glass would be awesome!

12 more sleeps!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Face it folks.

If you go AI in Ixtapa, you are going to get What's On Sale That Week.

It may be Corona, it may be Sol. It may be a Red that went off from being stored at 85 degrees, or a White that would be better suited to being used in a Salad.

Just the way it is.

Keith

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

I think "on tap" at any AI resort can be suspect - what they tell you and even what the tap says can be much different than what is actually being poured unfortunately. I would love to find a nice taphouse in IXT or ZIH - I can only imagine even the option of a Alexander Keith's IPA on the beach.

In the IXT/ZIH heat I would rather have an iced bucket of bottled beer instead of draught regardless!

Azul Grand seems nice, maybe they have a great selection of beer & wine. Count me in on the 'wanting to know' train.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

We have been staying at the Azul (not Grand) for the past 10 years and they served Modelo and Corona so my bet would be the Grand serves the same. We are trying out the Grand this year, we thought about Las Brisas but got such a great deal on this hotel we couldn't pass it up.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Anything WARM at this point Frosty!!

Keith

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

While we were there, the beer available on tap was Modelo, Modelo Especial & Corona. The tap beer was quite good, never flat or watered down.

Cam-We paid $70US for 2 bottles on room service BUT drank wine by the glass that was included all week. I didn't mean to confuse anyone, :). The wine they were serving was Gato Negro. Not fancy at all, I admit! If you really prefer a nicer wine, I would recommend buying some and bringing with you to the hotel.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Good morning SEGMN...thanks for the info :-)

My peeps will be pleased with their beverage choices at the Azul Grand. We always make a stop at the duty free before boarding our flight....nothing better than a good, cold Canadian beer or a premium glass of wine while getting ready for dinner.

9 sleeps until we are in beautiful Ixtapa...yippee!!!!

Safe and happy travels all!

Ann

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Tick tock! I'm so excited for you :)

Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

Do you know if you can find a decent bottle of wine to purchase in Ixt or Zihua?

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Azul Ixtapa Grand Beer & Wine

cam_alicia-Click to the Zihua Forum page. Subject was just covered on Jan 11th

I've found that wines from Chile are the best.