We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries etc.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries etc.

Arriving after 7pm at a rental at BVG Marina. We will be there for 2 weeks so want to stock up on Monday morning. Where do we catch the bus near the Marina to get to the biggest grocery store - is it Mexicana Commercial? We will need wine, groceries etc. We ideally would take the bus there and taxi back with our stuff. What would the taxi fare back be approx.? Also any suggestions for a bite to eat (casual) near the condo when we arrive on the Sunday night? Thanks!

Alberta
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Groceries etc.

Excellent information thanks so much everyone! I have started my notes already for our trip in the New Year. Will be our first time staying in a condo on vacation and not doing an all inclusive so lots to think about!

I read some notes about the Microdyn fruit and veggies wash. Have people found that at the Commercial? Do you know the hours they are open and if they close at all in the afternoon?

Also we went to a small grocery type store across from the BVG residential area. It had a few odds and ends just in case.

Edited: 8:15 pm, August 30, 2013
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Groceries etc.

No siesta for the Commercial so open all day.

I beleive they are open until 10:00 PM every day. Not sure what time they open but have learned over the years not to go too early as they stock shelves in the morning.

Yes veggie wash at CM & almost everywhere

Edited: 8:36 pm, August 30, 2013
fargo, nd
Level Contributor
22 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Groceries etc.

Being new to tipping in grocery stores, what is reasonable to tip?

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Groceries etc.

10-15 pesos. let you conscience be your guide. Most may be happy with 5 but I just appreciate the fact that they have some work ethic and are willing to show some hustle. I'm sure in most cases that money finds it's way into the whole family finances.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,918 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Groceries etc.

That is about what I usually give them, 15 pesos.

I heard there is a Sam's Club also in Zihua? We found everything we needed at the Comercial Mexicana though.

16. Re: Groceries etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 25, 2014