We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Tequila Market in China...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Tequila Market in China...

Lots of money to be made with Tequila now going to China...interesting article...

The drink synonymous with Mexico already is available in more than 100 countries. But export of the alcoholic beverage to China has been limited by legal and sanitary restrictions.

Chinese authorities changed their rules last week, deciding that the purest and best tequila, known as blue agave, has no detrimental health effects. That has opened the door for businesses in both countries to begin promoting and exploring ways to sell more tequila.

nytimes.com/aponline/…

Edited: 10:22 am, June 21, 2013
blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Tequila Market in China...

Sanitary restrictions to import a product INTO China?? I've been there. All the people I dealt with were wonderful, the food was great, but it's pretty much a dump wherever you go. I got a sore throat from the smog the second day in Beijing that cleared up the day after I left. They was a brown haze constanly floating over the city.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Tequila Market in China...

Haha,well maybe china should look on their enviroment before labeling Tequila as not sanitary=)

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Tequila Market in China...

My big concern is what are they going to eat with tequila ?

I can eat Mexican food with tea, but Chinese with tequila would be a taste bud crash.

Edited: 7:09 pm, July 26, 2013
4. Re: Mexico Tequila Market in China...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2014