We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week after Easter-Booking Activities

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Week after Easter-Booking Activities

We are headed down the week after Easter(30th-6th), staying in Ixtapa. Should we be booking our excursions now(snorkeling, dolphins, fishing etc), assuming it will be relatively busy in Ixtapa/Zihuat that week? I would rather wait to pick until we get out there, get a feel for the guide place before we go, but I don't want everything to be full. Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week after Easter-Booking Activities

You don't really need to "book" any excursions, just go and do what you want. You can take buses or taxis to areas with water taxis for snorkeling (Isla Ixtapa or Las Gatas in Zihua). I believe there is a list of captains you might want to look at for fishing. . . contacting one of them in advance may be a good idea. Don't book someone who approaches you on the beach! The only thing we ever booked through our hotel on our first trip was the snorkeling trip on the Picante. Most of the "excursions" will be way over priced for the few peso's it takes to ride a bus or take a taxi where you want to go.

PS The dolphin experience in Ixtapa is a bit controversial due to conditions there. But many people like it.

2. Re: Week after Easter-Booking Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 24, 2014