We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm use

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, mN
2 posts
Save Topic
atm use

Ive read many posts regarding exchanging or getting money in Ixtapa. The concencus seems to be, use your ATM card and get cash that way. Question i,s what would be the fee to use the ATM? If you use an ATM in the states, there usually is a large charge unless you do it at your bank ATM. Any info would be great.

Chicago
Level Contributor
159 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: atm use

Another option -If you are shopping for supplies at Commercial MX,anyway, pay with USD.Got 12.35 yesterday.No fee,and no chance of your,card being eaten by a hungry machinę..That would put a damper on your vacation.Call me paranoid.It happens

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: atm use

I shopped at Commercial Mexicana today, used my ATM/debit card at the checkstand (swipe)

and got 12.47

Edited: 8:15 pm, March 18, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
459 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: atm use

I have tried 4000 and it declines it must be an amount set by me or my bank

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: atm use

That could be Paul.

Before I travel, since I have to call the bank anyway, I usually up my daily withdrawal cap to 500 bucks for the length of the trip.

That way I can hit the ATM and use both my ATM card and my Debit card at the same machine and get up to a grand if I need Pesos for a couple of days fishing and some shopping. Then I seldom have to get to an ATM the rest of the trip.

Keith

Edited: 12:16 pm, March 19, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,590 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: atm use

Yes, the amount is set by your home bank- will be the same as your daily limit at home unless you ask for it to be higher.

(Also some ATMs will state right on the screen that the max is 3000 or some other number- we just ignore that and punch in 5000 or 6000 or whatever anyway- and have always gotten it.)

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: atm use

For Canadians use Scoitiabank on the main street. Main advantage - the bank machine swipes the card rather than swallowing it - so much more secure. If your machine swallows the card and does not return it, you are SOL. You have to wait until the bank is open then try to talk to the teller who does not speak English to try to get the card. You may even have to wait to get a new vard sent on from Canada. See ``Zihua Robs`` notice board on this topic

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: atm use

Shadow The Main Street is Benito Juarez,

Carroll, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: atm use

Just got back last week. At the airport there was a limit of 2,000 pesos withdrawal. i think the fee was about $4. Stayed @ the Azul Grand and they had a limit of 1500 pesos. A little better rate at the hotel

19. Re: atm use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 29, 2014