We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Just wondering if anyone has flown from Chicago to Zihuatanejo and what airlines you flew. Not a lot of options out there, most getting me in later in the day then I would like. Not sure if I should find a flight direct to Mexico City, which there are many more options and then connect to ZIH or what. Any recommendations appreciated.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Try Minneapolis, there are direct flights during high season, not sure about the fall months.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Milwaukee's direct flight is only seasonal (high) Friday to Friday I'm guessing November to early April. Check with Apple Vacations or Funjet Vacations.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Apple and Funjet do the flights that I suggerted in my post...They have no other options...no planes flying!! You sure don't want to come to Minneapolis...no better options, for sure!!

Take the 1.04AM on Monday morning...best price...and you get the first day at the beach!

Minnesota
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

We're fly out of Minneapolis Monday to Monday next week. Non-Stop.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

We're flying from O'Hare to ZIH on Saturday, March 30th with Apple on AeroMexico. We were told that is the last flight of the season down and our flight back on April 6th is the final return.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

TerryB...read the month that the original poster wants...there are NO nonstops in October...please don't confuse her.

HuskerBadger...there are the AeroMex flights on both FunJet and Apple that leave at 1.05AM all season long...on the days that they fly. You are probably on a different flight time.

I gave the original poster the options that are available for October...

17. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2014