We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchanging $

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kelowna, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
exchanging $

Hi everyone! On my way down in a couple of weeks and am taking pesos and my atm card along with some canadian cash. Just wondering if anyone has tried to exchange any of the new bills down there and if there was any problems?

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchanging $

i think it's best to just bring pesos with you and use your atm card down there. when we were there over christmas, line ups at the banks were long and if you do take CAD down to exchange, you should have your passport with you.

depending where you live in canada, i exchanged our pesos at VBEC and got a fairly decent rate of 12.3 pesos to $1CAD.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,085 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchanging $

Please read the other thread just a few days ago on this topic. You will see that almost everyone agrees your best exchange rate is with an ATM. They are everywhere- getting pesos is very easy. Most places do not accept Cdn money at all, and some don't accept US currency either. Pesos is the currency of the country.

Kelowna, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: exchanging $

Thanks for replying! I'm not really concerned about exchanging CAD as I have done so many times before. My question was about the new bills and weather or not anyone has had any issues with them?

4. Re: exchanging $

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 14, 2014