We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixtapa Prices

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Diego...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ixtapa Prices

Im renting a condo at Amara for a week over New Years and wanted to see the general prices for:

1. Meals- Lunch/Dinner

2. Drinks- beer and cocktails at bars/poolside

3. Fishing

4. Diving

5. Is there a costco nearby like Cabo to load up on groceries

6. Overall cost of staying down there (i.e. is expensive like Hawaii etc)

thanks for your help

Bryan

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixtapa Prices

I haven't stayed in Ixtapa but if you were to venture over the hill to Zihua..the meals are SUPER reasonable anywhere from $2.00 taco's to Upscale Five star if that is what you are seeking...

Not sure on poolside prices but all the bars restaraunts in Zihua less than $2.00 for beer and about $7.00 for monster margaritas etc...

Fishing we paid right around $300.00 for the ELVA II for a captain and first mate and huge cooler of soda, beer and water for a full day. WE had a ball can't recommend them enough.

There is a large costco type of store over here in Zihua w/ everything from food to fridges

I would guess lotssssssss less expensive than hawaii

good luck w/ your research ...we are staying in a condo here in the next month in Zihua just over the hill from ixtapa

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixtapa Prices

My husband and I often stay non AI in Mexico, we usually budget around $100 per day for the two of us for food and drinks and short taxi or colectivo rides.

Diving will run you around $80 for a two tank dive....but we have done a couple of dives there and it is not very good, sad to say.....although in winter the visibility might be better?! We went in August.

Fishing is MUCH better than the diving! Expect to pay about $50 an hour for a panga, on average.

There is a good sized grocery store for staples in Ixtapa, and a larger one (I think it is a Mega?) in Zihuatanejo, a short cab ride away. I don't think there is a Costco, but maybe a Sam's Club. (?)

MUCH better value than Hawaii!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Zihuatanejo
Zihuatanejo
Guerrero, Mexico
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixtapa Prices

If you are staying at the Amara- there is a market with a very good selection of food right across the street. We love the restaurant choices in Ixtapa, but saved our family of 4 some money by also taking advantage of the kitchen in the condo and making some meals.

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixtapa Prices

I think beer prices have risen dramatically over the years at our favourite beach bar in Zihua on La Ropa , Rossy , They have climbed to 20 pesos or so . A nice fish entree might go for 120 pesos at many places in Zihua . There is a bit of a divide in the prices , feel and setting between Zihua and Ixtapa but the great thing , especially since you mentioned Cabo , is that a cab ride from one to the other is around 55 pesos each way . It's a very inexpensive place in general I would say . Enjoy . Since you mention Amara , I would be sure to see the Mexico Vacation Rental thread . Here's cab rates . www.zihuatanejo.net/localtransport.html

Edited: 10:10 pm, October 16, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
5. Re: Ixtapa Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013