We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Krystal Dollar exchange

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles...
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Krystal Dollar exchange

Hello,

someone gave a review and stated that the Krystal does not exchange dollars anymore.

They always did it before even when I stayed at the Doado. I can't tell if the poster was just P.O. or telling the truth.

Can anyone who stayed there recently let me know. I hate ATM and would rather just buy from home then.

Thanks,

B.K.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
Level Contributor
14,501 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Many resorts have stopped exchanged dollars so I have no reason to doubt the poster. (I WAS recently at the Krystal but have no idea if they were exchanging dollars - sorry.)

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Steve, anything new at the Krystal? We're going in March and no one has posted a review lately. Kinda nervous about it but we're not too fussy.

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
Level Contributor
14,501 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

I am not a "large resort" kind of guy. When we went it was hard to get a chair on the beach, hard to get a chair by the pool, hard to get a table at the restaurant, hard to find a parking space etc. (why people insist that these resorts are stress-free I don't know!). Hopefully it will be less busy when you are there. We never ate at the restaurant - lots of nice places across the road for half the price. Although the hotel is showing its age a bit we liked our rooms, pool was spacious and we had a great view from the 10th floor.

My only major compaint was that I had inquired about wifi and was told it was available in the room but nobody could tell me how much it cost. When I arrived they told me it was 178 pesos a day but it wasn't available in our particular room! I used it in the lobby (for free) but got bitten by mossies quite a bit. Just irritated they didn't tell me up front!

los angeles...
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Can anyone else confirm or deny the the dollar exchange ?

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
347 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Just returned from The Sunscape Dorado Pacifico. They exchanged our dollars gladly. Had to show a passport. Got 12.8 per $.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Hey Bigkid,

I've stayed here many times and they DO NOT do money exchange.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Here's an article explaining it all....it has the government law in it...read it and realize they are ASKING to NOT use US Dollars...

Where is there a hotel in the USA that will exchange Mexican pesos for dollars from their Mexican guests??

The currency in Mexico is the peso...please let's use them.

thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2011/02/…

los angeles...
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

I thought this was kinda strange coming up from a year ago.

That trip passed and looking forward to the next in 2 weeks.

Electra stores has a bank [?] in the back that was happy to exchange for me at a great rate at the time. Taxi driver told me about them. Will only exchange 300 at the time

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

The Azteca Bank...where the Mexicans get the money wired to them from the USA.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
221 posts
10. Re: Krystal Dollar exchange

Just got back last night and our hotel (The Azul) no longer exchanged dollars and after stopping at three banks I finally found one that would. It's directly behind Rueben's Burgers It is called Intercam Servicios Financieros bring your passport