We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Duncan
Level Contributor
3 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals

Which car rental company is currently the most trusted among the readers here? I have heard a few rumors of overcharging and some credit card fraud.

p.s. I know the WHOLE deal about renting cars, taking taxi's, busses etc etc and all the pro's and cons both ways. I have some very specific needs for transportation this trip.

Thanks

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,762 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals

Stay away from Hertz...they are the ones that you suddenly purchase airline tickets and jewerly 5 months after you leave town!!! Be aware...Hertz Corporation did NOTHING on all of the infractions...so it just keeps happening.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals

Rent from anybody but HERTZ.

Duncan
Level Contributor
3 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals

Thanks Judy and Gary. I use to love Hertz until things went sideways. Just for fun I checked Hertz and they don't even list an operation in Zihua anymore. Gone?

Does anyone have any recent positive experiences with any of the others? Rates seem about the same, insurance coverage about the same.......so customer service will be the deciding factor..............anyone?

4. Re: Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 28, 2013