We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Topic
Must do's

I know, I know these questions get asked all the time! But..:) I want to know again. We are fairly sure we will be trying out ixtapa/Zihua area on our next Mexican adventure. So, we will most likely be staying out in Ixtapa, but after reading all kinds of info on this forum and elsewhere, we will be going into Zihua to enjoy all it has to offer...so, we will be in the area at X-mas time and New Years and I would love to hear some suggestions on things we have to see and do. Thanks so much to all you folks...! love the forums!

Brent

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Must do's

Then Gary I would say "I found this on th Net". Not "it's My" picture, or story or experience. Just the way I was taught in Iowa.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Must do's

Thank you to those who actually answered my initial question. There seems to be a lot of these threads get hi-jacked , and it is so much off topic stuff and really just a bunch of nonsense.

To peddler..read your last comment, or the one before and tell me what in the h*** you are talking about??

Again..sheeesh!!

usa
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Must do's

Sorry I mentioned it and 'hi-jacked' your thread. What he's talking about is the link TJudy posted to 'her' pictures of Lety's.

I was quite surprised (irked and creeped out) to see my pictures there.

Sorry, carry on. Enjoy Zihuatanejo ... I do 8 weeks a year.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Must do's

Yes it is a little creepy!

So what do you do with yourself for 8 weeks in Zihua?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Must do's

USA Ponder...no where does it say that these are MY photos...they are PHOTOS of Lety's that people have sent me from their trips and how much they enjoyed Lety's. With all the positive comments about Lety's thought it would be nice to just have a link with photos from her place. You can certainly do a link, too, but don't see that you have one.

With all the love that everyone has for Lety...didn't think anyone wanted to hurt her...

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Must do's

So! can you walk to Lety's or do you have to take a taxi from downtown? I have heard that the downtown area is.. and I quote "a grimy little dump" is this true? Others say it has charm? is this true?

Getting real information on this open forum is like pulling teeth, you regulars and experts are all over the place...petty little spats, Ixtapa vs Zihua, agendas, self promotion, no REAL information provided by the "experts".

I guess that you all have some real interest in the area and are unwilling to take off your rose colored glasses and see some things for what they are. I know things aren't perfect, and don't expect it, but honesty would be a good thing. The idea, in my mind of these forums is to offer real travel information on a particular area....it's not happening on this forum!

Nuff said...!

Adios,

Brent

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Must do's

Brent,

Please look on the top right hand side of this page for Valuable Area Maps under the Top Question section. Lety's is #34. It is located across the foot bridge right at the base of the pier.

The downtown area (El Centro) is far from "a grimy little dump". The area has recently been painted, new canopy roofs installed, new cobblestone walkways, more trash cans added and so on. I find it to be very clean and charming. The best feature of this area is the warm, loving and very helpful locals. Come and see for yourself.

Please feel free to ask any specific question that you may have and many of us will be glad to answer them. You may get different points of view but that is a good thing. You can take the information and then decide for yourself.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Must do's

In going back Judy is correct. She does not claim to have taken these photos.If fact she refers to them as "contributions". I do apologize for my error.

29. Re: Must do's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 26, 2010