We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Topic
Must do's

I know, I know these questions get asked all the time! But..:) I want to know again. We are fairly sure we will be trying out ixtapa/Zihua area on our next Mexican adventure. So, we will most likely be staying out in Ixtapa, but after reading all kinds of info on this forum and elsewhere, we will be going into Zihua to enjoy all it has to offer...so, we will be in the area at X-mas time and New Years and I would love to hear some suggestions on things we have to see and do. Thanks so much to all you folks...! love the forums!

Brent

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's

Day trip to Barra de Potosi-

Day trip to Las Gatas-

Day trip to El Centro to enjoy all of the local culture, shops, restaurants and points of interest-

Day trip for fishing and/or snorkeling-

Dinner at Lety's-

Edited: 4:21 pm, April 26, 2010
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's

Thanks Gary, I am looking forward to Lety's, you guys have recommended this restaurant many times! also Barra de Potosi.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do's

And just so you know...Christmas/New Years is NOT at all TYPICAL of what the area is usually like. Just so you know and understand that. It gets very overwhelming to some people and then they do not come back as they think people like Gary, Linda and me are lying to them.

And yes...Lety's is my other home!! Best food around...

check these out...

www.tripadvisor.com/members-photos/TravelJudy

Edited: 6:16 pm, April 26, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do's

TravelJudy-

Great pictures but now I'm hungry! It's a shame they don't have a long distance delivery service. I'd be glad to give a big tip!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do's

Yes of course it is going to be very busy with visitors from all over and I would think many from Mexico. So Judy I really don't understand what you are saying about some lying or whatever??? I was inquiring about things to do! ?????

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must do's

I think she just wanted you to know that it will be full and busy at that time of the year. Nothing else-

usa
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do's

Hmm, some of those pics on TJudy's thingy are my pictures. Kind of creepy how someone can use your pics as if they were their own. Not being a computer person I dunno ... is that okay to do? Happens often on another board as well, certain people posting my pictures. Is it just me or is this a creepy practice?Almost feels like identity theft ...

Lety's yum!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do's

Okay, but does this mean it is not a good time to go to this area?

Hey Poncer! I believe they ( pictures) are fair game once you have released them on the internet! If someone wants to use them they can...maybe you should be proud of them, since she liked them so much!

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do's

speedO-

Amy time is a good time to enjoy the area, busy or not.

UsaPonder-

As speedO said, once you post pictures on the internet they belong to the world. Not creepy at all!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must do's

Speedo..what I meant by my post...many people still believe from extensive website reading, that Zihua is a sleeping little fishing village. People like Gary, Linda and I will comment about the 7 blocks by 7 blocks of a downtown area, which it is! But coming at the holiday time...those 7 blocks by 7 blocks will be a roadblock!! The low tourist season that many people write about on Trip Advisor...referring to no chair problem at the hotel, empty beaches, hotels so quiet and peaceful...All of that changes at holiday time.

I am not saying that is bad...I am just letting you know so in case you CAN/WANT do other dates, you have that option...and that knowledge. I have had MANY people come back to me and say...WHY DIDN'T YOU tell me??? Well, NOW I do!!

Was just reading yesterday a comment on the Mazatlan board about a woman who went at Easter time to an upscale all-inclusive. She will NEVER return to Mazatlan again, because of how crowded it was at Easter time...If she would have KNOWN and if she had monitored Trip Advisor better...she would have chosen other dates...and would have loved her vacation. Now, instead...she is doing a trip report and many posts badmouthing it.

Read various posts on here...you will see much mentioned about Easter, how bad snorkeling was for the waters were stirred up, crowds...so just wanted you to know.