We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

If any of you are booked with MLT Worryfree Vacations for the charters from Minneapolis to Mexico...read this important information below.

Worryfree has cancelled many of their charters going to Mexico this winter...here is the latest information that I have...and they have STRESSED that it could go longer into each destination during the season...it will depend on how many bookings come in soon.

Here is the information I have so far...

Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 20 thru January 3 departures.

Puerto Vallarta all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 17 thru January 4 departures.

Mazatlan all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 19 thru January 4 departures.

Call your travel agents...or MLT Worryfree if you booked directly...so that you can be rescheduled or refunded.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

So basically they have discontinued the charters during the hotels insane rate increase dates.

Guess I don't blame them a bit! I could never understand who would want to pay 3X for the rooms.

Keith

P.S. have you now moved to Z full time? I note the change on your location?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

It is totally due to the lack of bookings for these 3 locations...and they stressed that it could go deeper into the season...if no one books.

Things are not doing well apparently in the charter business now...no one has any money I guess!

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

I've been pricing out what a trip to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa would cost this November. Within the past week U.S. Airways has downgraded the airplane type. The equates to less seats.

Just more bad news for Mexico.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

jmpnmark,

Don't forget that the ENTERTAIN200 coupon at Orbitz is still valid!

200 clams off a six night + airfare trip!!

Keith

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

Thanks for the tip Labrat! I had been getting some real good airfare deals out of Phoenix, but they are once again on the rise.

6. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 04, 2010