We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuff for kids

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
appleton wi
Level Contributor
604 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Stuff for kids

Hey I was just there and brought school supplies for the children and dropped them off to lady M but I was told that there might be organazations in my state that would ship them to Zihua do you guys know of any out of WI? your so limited with weight on the new airline rules.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuff for kids

Jilly- that's why we & others normally just donate cash or buy supplies in Zihua. true some things cost a bit more but actually some things are cheaper. a an example i found real magnifying glasses with Glass NOT plastic lenses for about $5 at a small office supply store on Marina Nacional. This is an item virtually impossible to find in the US where all are plastic.

Now the other option is to fly Mexicana they still allow gratis two bags 72#'s each.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuff for kids

Naw, they just keep the Glass ones outta CA.

They don't want ya to hurt yourselves!

(snicker)

The glass ones are all at the optics shops now, and that 5 bucker would be 20 or better!

Yup, cash, and local purchase is the way to go.

OH!

And don't forget to donate your just read beach books to Lady M's lending library!

Lilly will take them!

Keith

appleton wi
Level Contributor
604 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuff for kids

The mexican firstmate we had said notebooks cost 8.00 dollars each we can get them here for a dime so I thought I would send them but oh well wow mexicana lets you have 2 bags cool

4. Re: Stuff for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 12, 2009