We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price to rise Fishing Charters, probably taxis

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Price to rise Fishing Charters, probably taxis

If you heading down, expect some transportation increases. PEMEX announced yesterday(?)gas prices will rise ~6.4 pesos a liter to up to 9.4 pesos a liter.

Fishing charter prices currently shown on various web site places were set on the 6.4 pricing a roughly 50% increase is going to require a price increase. The captain that called yesterday said, he WILL honor pricing on CURRENT bookings, but would be going from $210 to $250 a day for standard trips on his single engine boat, from $250 to $300 on the twin engine, same for out of the local area Roosterfishing and up to $400 for 10 hour tuna trips. A Co-op meeting is being held, thus water taxis to Las Gatas & Ixtapa Island will probably increase.

Then the taxis in town & at the airport will also be going up, I'm going to guess 10 pesos a trip for local trips. Now the Airport group will be higher - that is from the Airport (already ridiculous).

Seattle
Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price to rise Fishing Charters, probably taxis

Had to happen at some point. I'm sure it comes as no shock to the majority since we've all experienced increases like these due to fuel costs. Are gas stations ownwed/opporated by the government in Mexico?

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price to rise Fishing Charters, probably taxis

Yes, PEMEX is government owned. I can't say for sure about individual stations but I believe they are also.

3. Re: Price to rise Fishing Charters, probably taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, October 07, 2009