We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,242 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

Unfortunately, this is going to be a VERY short vacation for us. Normally, we are all about leaving the resort and getting out there. This is going to be such a short stay, and we will want to take advantage of getting to know the resort and experiencing it at least somewhat in that time.

However, I think Club Med is quite the kids place, and watching the shows on the resort at night MIGHT not be our thing. If we can get one night out off the resort, where would you go? I've been to Ixtapa once, and I frequent Cancun, so I'm not looking to do Sr. Frogs or Carlos (although it is something to do). How far of a taxi ride is it to the downtown Zihuatanejo area? We never did that on our last trip (it was me and the girls almost 10 yrs ago). Where is there to go and have a good time?

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

Not a night life kind of Town I'm afraid. A couple of spots are Bandidos, Rick's & La Barracuda along with the Jungle Bar. I believe a cab from CM is now about 80 pesos. It's about a 10 minute trip.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,242 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

Thanks for the suggestions. I understand this isn't the nightlife capital by any means. Just thougth of a nice night out off the resort to get a "feel" for the area. We are terrified of being trapped on a resort, but with only 3 nights, it's a bit harder to get out and explore. We're simply looking for "something" to do, even if it is walking around or getting a drink or two at a cozy place.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

Any of the El Centro beach front cafes would fit that bill. There is a new bar by the Museum but it is mostly a "Sports Bar". Next door is the Arcadia which is also popular for cocktails as well as dining. Bandidos & Ricks normally have entertainment.

Neither on the beach.

4. Re: Club Med - 3 nights - Nightlife off the resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 24, 2009