We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

Someone on another forum is questioning whether or not this restaurant is open at the Pacifica Resort. Does anyone know the answer? Our reservations at the Pacifica are in January and I would hate to think that restaurant is closed.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

I would be interested in the answer to this question too since we are booked at the Pacifica next month. It was my understanding that one dinner at El Faro is included in the all inclusive package.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

According to all available info it is closed.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

Update! just heard that it will reopen in 2 weeks so take your pick! LOL

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

El faro closed?why ? never a bad meal as its one of my faves-i hope it can stay open

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

Posted by the El Faro folks elsewhere:

"The Faro Restaurant at the Pacífica Resort is Open!!! It never been closed!!"

The e-mail addy that was in conjunction with this post, would make me comfortable that it is a true statement.

(can't post-em here, or I would refer you to them directly)

Hope this clears it up.

Keith

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

Glad to hear it is open. Thanks for the update.

modesto, CA
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

Went to the El Faro Restaurant Sept. '07 and had a fabulous meal. The view was incredible and we enjoyed everything we had from our salads to the desert and flaming coffees. Glad we took our cosigneur's advice to try it. We liked it so much better than the much-talked about Kau Kan Restaurant, which was truly disappointing.

8. Re: El Faro Restaurant/Pacifica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 10, 2009