We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

Back in 2004 an expert on Mexico described Restaurante Puesto del Sol as one of the romantic restaurants on the road to La Ropa beach with a great view of the bay, so we ate there shortly after and loved it. Can anyone tell us if it is still there or if it has a new name and what it is?

Thanks

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

I am sorry to say that I do not know if the place still exists, I was in Zihua from the 9th. through the 23rd. of last month and I saw no signs of such place.

I ran from the pier to La Ropa everyday using the main road and I saw nothing regarding Puesta del Sol.

Places come and go in Zihua I should know since I used to have a businness there.

Traditionally the high season is short and the low season is very long and it can not sustain every store, restaurant, etc...

Maybe someone else can reply to your posting with better info.

Try reposting

Bay Area
Level Contributor
233 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

I believe that Costa del Sol was sold and now is called The Tides.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

:47 pm, today Save

I believe that Costa del Sol was sold and now is called The Tides.

That was The Villa del Sol now the Tides!

Bay Area
Level Contributor
233 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

Peddler665 is correct.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

Although this a pretty ancient post, in case someone is looking for info regarding the OP's question -- Puesta del Sol is still on the road to La Ropa. Ate there Feb '08 -- did not find romantic and would not recommend nor return.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
233 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

As Peddler 665 said, Villa del Sol is now the Tides on Playa La Ropa. Colleagues of ours said it is still excellent and romantic.

Puesta del Sol overlooks Playa; not romantic.

7. Re: Zihuatenejo favorite restaurnant gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa