We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of six at the NH Krystal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
family of six at the NH Krystal

We're going in a few weeks with our girls ages 19, 17, 14 and 10. We didn't do the A.I. partly because we want to feel free to explore and try things... I want to spend a few days hanging around the pool and doing the touristy thing, but we're also doing a sail/snorkeling thing one day. Other than that nothing is planned yet, I really want to get out and see people and culture though, not just the hotel zone. Since all my kids had three-five years of Spanish I was hoping they will try using it a bit, and see another culture as well. We do not travel much and this will be my kids' first time in Mexico.

It sounds like taking the bus into Zihuatanejo and exploring is fairly easy?

What do I need to make my kids aware of in terms of cultural behavior and/or safety? I wasn't planning on turning them loose, but perhaps letting the older two or three go on short errands during the day? Will they be offered alcohol? Is the drinking age 18?

Any other suggestions for a family with teenage girls?

I read somewhere there is a path that leads from the hotel zone to a natural area inland? Are there places to rent bikes?

thanks!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family of six at the NH Krystal

Bus to Zihua is a piece of cake. 6 pesos each way. Sometimes "troubadours" are on board playing for tips. Some good, some horrible but all fun. Zihua is very laid back & friendly. Certainly no danger in the day time & most areas safe at night. The drinking age is 18 & I am sure that the 17 year old could get served in many bars.clubs so be pre-warned. Many good restaurants in both Zihua & Ixtapa from very very expensive to incredibly cheap but all good. Be sure & check out The Ricomar in Pozole Alley where excellent Mexican dinner can be had for with soft drinks , for under 30 pesos. Great food at La Gula & Casa Vieja both in the Madera area of Zihua. Another MUST is Chendo's across the food bridge. Best Coconut Shrimp in all of Mexico for 100 pesos. Many other great seafood items also. In Ixtapa The Seven Seas Economical is a hidden gem in the shopping center. Great seafood especially shrimp dishes. Feel free to e mail me.

2. Re: family of six at the NH Krystal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 03, 2009