We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Escondido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

My family and I are going on vacation to Puerto Escondido and Huatulco in late June/early July of 2014. We are into Puerto Escondido due to cost and flight schedules but want to spend the first leg of our vacation in Huatulco then return to PE for a few day before departing from there. What are our current options as far as bus lines or taxis are concerned?

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

The ADO bus station is on the main highway in the center of town. The Sur bus to Huatulco (2 hours) will probably cost about 60 pesos each and they run about every hour during the day, The taxis at the airport are expensive, but there are collectivo vans that cost about 40 pesos each and will drop you at the bus station. You could probably bargain with a cab driver there if you prefer a taxi.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,707 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

Where in Huatulco? Halfway between the two centres are a few beach towns worth exploring. http://tinyurl.com/l8pgcsm A taxi to say San Agustinillo is cheap and about an hour. Check out Punta Placer or Un Sueño for an over nighter. Zipolite is interesting too.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

We've decided to just stay in Puerto Escondido. It's too much of a hassle to go back and forth. We are looking for a rental property near the beach in the PE area right now as I'm typing this. We've looked extensively for hotels but haven't found anything good. We stayed in Hotel Suites Villa Sol a few years ago and it was rather old and rundown. But all of the hotels I've looked at seem to be in the same condition. If my wife's parents and most of her family didn't live just outside of PE I would have just chosen Hautulco or maybe Cancun.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
460 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

There are several options for you that may be suitable that I know about:

Villa Mozart y Macondo

Villas Carrizalillo

Villa Lili

If those are not within your price range, I've stayed at San Juan Hotel years ago. I've walked by it many times since and it's no nonsense but clean and they are always doing maintenance. It has a pool. Not sure about AC now. It's been too long but it used to only have AC in a couple of rooms.

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

You might also look into the Santa Fe or Hotel Blater or Flor de Maria.

Would be easier to recommend something if we knew your budget and wants. How long are you staying? Do you want a kitchen? How about a B&B? ??

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

We are staying 9 days. Some of which we are probably staying at my wife's parents 'house. We are looking to spend less than $200/night. Preferably much less than that. I wish there was all inclusive options in the area. Posada Real used to offer it but it's just another crappy hotel like the rest. We have been looking at lots of rental properties. They seem to be the best deal so far.

Ponemah, Manitoba
Level Contributor
201 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

Hottelito Suisse oasis..have not been there but have seen fabulous reviews on trip advisor. We are going to check it out in 2014 on a day trip from Huatulco to puerto.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

We found a rather nice set of condos just a couple of minutes west of PE. Seriously considering them. And it just so happens that my wife's brother is working on the construction crew that is working on the additions to the condos. Says they are really nice.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
460 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

Glad you found a place. I hope it is an excellent stay.

Puerto Escondido...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from Puerto Escondido to Huatulco?

If you are still looking for a place, El Castillo in Carrizalillo is a place that just went through a make over, and is a really nice place to stay. El castillos is close to Villas carrizalillo. If you are still interested please response.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido