We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

How is the clean-up going? I'm just trying to figure out if we want to be going to Puerto Escondido for our one holiday this year. I can't find any up to date information or photos. The last I read, there was no water. I would like honest opinions from people who are there. We want to visit this little community some time but should we delay? We are due to go there in three weeks. Will it be a construction site? How are the roads? Do we need to bring our boots?

I would be grateful for any information.

Edited: 8:57 pm, June 26, 2012
Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
485 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

Lots of info over here: http://tomzap.com/ph5/list.php?17

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

really? how much do you have to dig around on tomzap to find it though? all the general chit chat gets in the way.....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

danj,

Thanks for suggesting tomzap.

I go to tomzap all the time but there isn't anything that tells a traveler what is going on regarding the clean up of the town, state of the roads, water, beach etc etc. I would love to have someone Who Is There, to tell us what is happening.

GP

Edited: 4:42 pm, July 01, 2012
Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

Ask your accommodation hosts. If you trusted them to book and stay with them, why would you not trust their opinion about what's going on there? They, more than anyone else, are in the best position to tell you what's happening in the immediate vicinity. Call them if their email replies are not detailed enough.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

5. Re: P. Escondido - Any up to date information?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:45 pm, July 09, 2013