We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

Thinking of staying at this Condo that I found on the internet, it seems to have everything I want and the price is good.

8 units in a compound a few blocks from Zicatela beach and close to the main part of town but....

I cannot find any comments or reviews about this place anywhere and that makes me a bit nervous. Anyone know of it?

Habanero Jake

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
481 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

I only know of this place from passing it. However, you should be fine. If you don't like it, pack up and move to any number of places in the area. Unless you're going during Christmas or Easter every place will have vacancy. If it is really slow, you can negotiate the price as well especially if you're staying 7+ days. I wouldn't sweat it too much and wouldn't make a reservation. You can, by all means, but it's not big deal.

Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

We are staying for 3 weeks in February.

They have given me a deal that I am OK with but still a bit worried.

Most places in PE do not offer Air Conditioning and this place did for no extra charge. (most others want another $100-$150 a week extra!)

Everyone says "we have cool breezes, no need for A/C here but I am an old Canadian wimp. Love the heat but at the end of the day I really need to cool down.

Comments?

Suggestions?

Also is the Oasis fairly close to everything or are we looking at long walks and cab rides to get anywhere?

Much appreciated,

Habanero Jake

ZN
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

i stayed there several years ago.mike, the proprieter was helpful and honest. he kept teh place clean. a lot of troosters crowing and dogs barking all night in that general area. it was ok for the price. the a-c units might be up some steps, teh whole property is built on a bit of an incline but its central to breakfast at dan´s cafecito and 2 blocks from the zicatela strip. no pool.

4. Re: Bungalos Oasis near Zicatela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, May 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido