We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments from those who've been there

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saratoga, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Comments from those who've been there

Has anyone stayed in Puerto Escondito at Hotel Santa Fe? What is your impression of the town and hotel accomodations (Santa Fe or others)? I am looking for a low key place that is still intrinsically Mexico (i.e. not filled with tourists). Would like to simply swim, relax, maybe a little snorkleing.

Eston, Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments from those who've been there

Have gone several times to PE and up and down the coast to Huatulco and different beaches. First, the Santa Fe looks nice from the outside, very closed up to public walking by, so cant really say. I would guess that some time back it was the nbr. 1 hotel, not anymore, but the prices are still high. I would recommend the Hotel Ines myself, over the SF. Be aware, there is NO swimming on the long Zicatella beach, surf is insane, but you can swim closer to the main beach part of the town. It is full of families and fishing boats, so swimming is also less than stellar there, however, people watching is great. You swim at Playa Manzanita, Playa Carrazillio, short walks away, snorkeling is iffy, at best, depending on the breeziness and tides, etc. PE is a wonderful eating and lounging area. The city is fabulous to walk around in. Go to the market up in the city and then walk all the way downhill back to Perez Gasga, you will see everything.