We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lake in the Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

Hello!

I pray that someone will be able to help me. I have been trying to find a former Foreign Exchange Student from Mexico. Her name before marriage was Maria Eugenia Rule Castro and she was from Oaxaca, Oaxaca.

She married and moved to Puerto Escondido. I am not sure when but she was in high school in the United States for one year and graduated in 1984. She lived with our family for one year as an exchange student. I would think she married sometime between 1986-1990.

We called her Jenny and she called me Mami. She married a man with the last name Jones. I believe he was involved with a hotel in Puerto Escondido at the time we came to visit her. The last I heard I believe Maria Eugenia/Jenny had 3 children. That may have changed of course.

Jenny's parents owned a hotel in Oaxaca. I tried calling there a few years ago and they no longer did own it. No one could help me, probably because of the different language. I sent the hotel an email but no one ever answered me.

I miss Jenny and would so much like to find her. I don't even know where to begin. She may not even still be married but when we met her husband I recall that he had blonde hair.

Please if anyone can help me, please let me know. Or if you have an idea of how I can search for her, I would be grateful.

My email address is: cherrigrana1@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Cherri Grana

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

Hi,

Did you try posting this on the Puerto Escondido forum on tomzap.com? There are more locals on that forum and although they seem to be a contentious bunch, they may be able to help you out.

Lake in the Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

Thanks so much for your response. If I can figure it out, I will try what you suggested. Do you live in either Puerto Escondido or Qaxaca?

Again, I appreciate your reply...........thanks.

Cherri

minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

post your request for information at tomzap.com. There is also an organization called the friends of Puerto Escondido, they may also be of assistance.

Lake in the Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

Thanks to you also for your attempt to help. I do plan to post on tomzap.com. I have never tried to locate anyone other than through Classmates.com and in this case that site would not help.

Thanks again, I would appreciate input from all readers!!

Cherri

Lake in the Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

Hello once again,

As two of you have suggested, I sent my post to the Friends of Puerto Escondido but so far have not heard anything. If you are on the site, and have a minute, please check and see if my post is on there,

Also, if you think of anything else that might aid in my search, I would be happy to hear about it. I wonder, is there a Oaxaca Oaxaca site that might work? That is where the Marques Del Valle Hotel is/was that her parent's owned. Maybe someone knows her parents.

I

f anyone has a thought on that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Cherri

6. Re: Please Help! Trying to locate a friend in Puerto Escondido!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido