We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heads up about Barra

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
heads up about Barra

first we enjoyed our vacation. But a heads up to folks going there. only one ATM and in the 8 days we were there never worked..and no place takes credit cards to ya need to go to else where. the other wear bug stuff..not mosQuitoes but something else and it spreads..like nits. the othe if ya want to be in the ocean forget it. Cabo Blanco ran a tab on our credit card so we ate lots there and the food was good and prices good.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heads up about Barra

Still only one Atm? Wow

Calgary
Level Contributor
383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heads up about Barra

You could have taken the bus to Melaque and visited one of the Bank atm's there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
493 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heads up about Barra

An "ATM run" is an expected and welcome diversion for the long stays in the area. The economy is cash based and credit cards are not used or accepted. The Banamex bank in nearby Melaque has two ATMs that are accessible 24/7. The Banamex and another nearby recently opened Mexican bank are on the beach front road near the very obvious microwave tower.

Alternatively, a "run" to town of Cihuatlan by bus or taxi, 12 km south on the way to Manzanillo, to either the of the two banks there or, my favourite because of the convenience, the KIOSKO store on the north end of town, with a standalone BBVA ATM.

Level Contributor
10 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heads up about Barra

I know of at least three ATM's in the Barra area, and I haven't looked very hard -- two Banamex and one Intercam.

Barra de Navidad...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heads up about Barra

There is also an ATM at the Grand Bay Resort, just a 20 peso lancha ride across from the malecon.....lots of options to the Banamex ATM on the main street.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heads up about Barra

so tke momey!

St. Albert, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heads up about Barra

I have only had success with banamex bank machines with my cibc card

8. Re: heads up about Barra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, February 18, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad