We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone in Barra now?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
anyone in Barra now?

coming soon would like to know ...good resturants...weather...how in general it is.

I find this forum lacking..

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone in Barra now?

Not really a huge hot spot for TA travellers. How about the TomZap forum? Either forum might give you answers to specific questions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone in Barra now?

There will be lots of gringos in Barra when you arrive -- probably about 1,000 scattered throughout or living in Barra. Typically they are long term visitors and not one week or two week vacationers and so, they have little inclination to participate on a TA forum.

calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone in Barra now?

just returned today. 2 weeks 30c almost every day. We were first time Mexico travelers, so a bit in the dark to begin with but Barra is safe for anyone to walk around, we encountered only friendly smiling locals and tons of canucks. Walking around the main town you will find many restaurants and merchants. We did not find lousy food. The beach is deserted but beautiful. The surf can be larger but i found it easy to enter and exit except in the biggest waves.....just keep your eyes on the ocean. All the restaurants listed on trip advisor were fine but Ramones seemed to be missing and we had good meals there. Marlena's was very good , we had the goulash and the schnitzel. Definitely take the local bus to Melaque, the next town over.

Pedestrians have no right of way so keep your eyes open and watch for the uneven pavement.....we saw plenty of tripped up visitors. Pretty good music in coco's when Mario is playing...a really excellent Latino guitarist. Really good. I would just say wander around, it is easy to find anything there or in melaque. Barra was great.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Melaque
Melaque
93 Reviews
Barra de Navidad, Mexico
Vermilion
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone in Barra now?

Were at cabo balcony now beer is 25 pesos at hotel hard liquor 45 to 60 pesos food is good food is good but if your looking for cheaper prices go to town and eat at taco stands there great my husband and I had 5 small tacos and 4 beer for 10 bucks canadian ate dinner at hotel last night it was 300 pesos for 2 drinks 2 burgers and ff

5. Re: anyone in Barra now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, December 29, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad