We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is safe to travel in Mexico?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Barra de Navidad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is safe to travel in Mexico?

…booklocker.com/2011/…

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is safe to travel in Mexico?

I drove the 'rumored to be dangerous' highway 15 twice in April, Tepic to Nogales and back and felt completely safe and secure the entire way. We just drove to Guanajuato from San Diego in my boyfriend's Mercedes 380 SL convertible - we arrived home here on Sunday and it was another great trip.

We took the highway down the Bajas from San Diego to La Paz, crossed over to Mazatlan and then took hwy 15 to Guadalajara and highway 80 to Guanajuato. I felt completely safe and secure on all routes on all trips.

The police and military presence on the highways is obvious and we found them to be very polite and professional at all of the check points. We were actually not searched or pulled over once on either the April trip up and back in our Cherokee with Jalisco plates nor on this last trip down in the Mercedes with Californina plates.

Is Mexico safe to travel in? Darn right it is by my experience...even by vehicle through the border zones.

Edited: 4:59 pm, July 06, 2011
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is safe to travel in Mexico?

Barra Navidad.

Tank you very much for sharing your experience. Sersol

3. Re: Is safe to travel in Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 06, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad