We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get from Puerto Vallarta to Tencatita, we have direct flights to PV but would like to take a taxi or water taxi or whatever without renting a car to get ourselves to the resort where we are staying. Flight arrives at 5 pm so we thought we could stay in PV for a couple of days and then finds our way to Tenacatita, is there people that do that, I know in Costa Rica they have little van shuttles anything like that?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

Any of the PV taxi drivers will run you down to Punta Serena and any of the Punta Serena taxi drivers will run you back up. I pay anywhere between $1200 and $1500 pesos between PVR and Barra de Navidad so it would be in that range each way.

Water taxi forget it. Way too far and Cabo Corrientes is way too rough.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

How do I find a taxi to take me from Puerto Vallarta to Manzanillo resort, I am planning to stay in the Romantic Zone of PV for a couple days is it still possible without travelling back to main part of town to find a taxi to take us there, or is it cheaper to rent a car and drive myself??? Any suggestions would be great?

Dawson Creek BC
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

You could take the Primera Plus first class bus down either from the main bus depot by the airport or the stop in old town at the corner of Aguacate and V.Carranza. Its about 7-8 blocks from Los Muertos pier, costs 220 Pesos to Barra de Navidad and then you can just cab it from there.

Rick

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

There are plenty of taxis in the Romantic Zone in PV.

5. Re: Fly to Puerto Vallarta travel to Punta Serena March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad